woensdag 23 juli 2008

Chili - first days

Hi there. As you probably already know I crossed the border to Chili, which was quite easy by the way. Don't let them make you think you can not do it on your own. I just took the bus to Tacna and jumped on a colectivo there. In less than an hour and with loooooooots of Peruvian soles less than the ones who cross the border with an agency I arrived at the coastal city Arica or also called the city of eternal spring. I cheched into Sunny Days Hostal with Ross and Beatrice, a sweet New Zealandian-Chilean couple, recommended by Sarita. Great hostal!
I've met there amongst many nationalities also 3 American guys. Nothing special, but they really surprised me in our talks. It was actually quite interesting. Of course, they are doing an exchange in Chili and are not the common tourists...
In that same hostal I've met Danella, Australian, married to Raoul, South-African, and we went on a two-day-trip together. Destination: National Park of Lauca. Pictures are upcoming! Meanwhile I shipped to San Pedro de Atacama, desert area of Chili.

First impressions of Chili: more relaxed, more expensive, richer, friendlier

Geen opmerkingen: