donderdag 14 oktober 2010

Farewell

The farewell cake on Monday's team meeting has made it definite and real. Tomorrow is my last day in the office of VVOB Kenya. It was not just good, it was GREAT. I loved the kind of work, the atmosphere and the colleagues have turned out to be friends. These are also my last days in my beloved Nairobi. In the weekend I head to Lake Victoria with a friend and after that I hit the road with Christophe. After our historical trip to Bolivia together I could convince him to schedule East-Africa in his agenda. By the end of this month we fly out to Ethiopia and after that I will take a holiday with my Mum and sis Saar in Egypt.
It creates an ambiguous feeling though. On the one hand I am looking forward to travel, but on the other hand I could have stayed in Kenya a whole lot longer. I enjoyed being here so much and I feel comfortable with the people. So, they have not yet seen the last of me here!

Have you shed a tear by now? Entirely unnecessary, because cheerful me is still in the house :-). And I would like to enlist some more impressions I have been collecting throughout these few months. Bullet text coming up!

Geen opmerkingen: