vrijdag 4 juli 2008

Chiclayo - personal

Day one of the trip did not go unnoticed because the bus had motorproblems and it took like forever to enter the city Chiclayo. And my contact did not answer her cell phone. No biggie, just a little inconvenient at 9.40 pm. Since I had been waiting up untill 11 pm I was forced to sleep in an overpriced hotel. So I figured, why not take two days of being a tourist all the way :-D. The next morning I booked another night and I called my helpful cab driver of the evening before to drive me around the historical sights. We discussed a price a the beginning of the day. In the middle of the day he proposes to go a little farther, but he fails to mention that if so the price goes up so I found myself in a discussion at the end of the day. I did and do understand his point of view but he should have communicated that to me. And since the lack of communication skills are one of the biggest things I noticed here in those three months and I have to travel for another two months I did not give in.
The next morning another cab driver told me I got off really cheaply, because agencies would have charged me almost the double...
Anyway, I saw the biggest sites in one day and I could happily leave the next day to Trujillo :-). My contact there came through.

Geen opmerkingen: